January 14, 2021
In Episode 49, Liz tells the truth about the minimum wage and answers questions:
1) How do I get recruiters to notice me?
2) How do I move from retail/restaurants into an office job?
3) What's my next best career step in 2021?
January 7, 2021
In Episode 48, Liz tells the truth about contract gigs and answers questions:
1) How do I grow my entrepreneurial skills?
2) Any tips for setting up an employee recognition program?
3) How do I make my current job sound more impressive, on paper?
December 27, 2020
In Episode 47, Liz tells the truth about new year's resolutions and answers questions:
1) Should I tell my boss that recruiters keep calling me about other jobs?
2) How do I tell a Dragon-Slaying Story when I wasn't the only dragon-slayer?
3) How long should I wait for a promotion my boss promised last summer?
4) Should I start consulting alongside my day job?
December 21, 2020
In Episode 46, Liz tells the truth about hourly vs. salaried jobs and answers questions:
1) My company has changed its name numerous times. How do I reflect this in my resume?
2) What can I do now to prepare for 2021, careerwise?
3) How should I brand myself on LinkedIn?
December 14, 2020
In Episode 45, Liz tells the truth about new year's resolutions and answers questions:
1) How do I create a career vision?
2) How to develop a 30-60-90 day plan?
3) What has replaced the corporate ladder?
December 10, 2020
In Episode 44, Liz tells the truth about pre-employment tests and covers these topics:
1) Why shouldn't I ask candidates what they were doing during their employment gaps?
2) Why is trust-based leadership superior than fear-based supervision (and much less expensive)?
3) Is 360-degree feedback effective?
December 3, 2020
In Episode 43, Liz and Michael tell the truth about the office football pool and holiday fundraising, and answer questions:
1) What's the best way to drop out of a recruiting pipeline?
2) Why is it helpful to update your resume at this time of year?
3) How can we find out whether our recruiting process is working well, or not?
November 30, 2020
In Episode 42, Liz tells the truth about the question "What have you been doing since your last job?" and answers questions:
1) What are the new rules for working from home?
2) My boss takes me for granted - what should I do?
3) How do I negotiate a commission sales job offer?
November 22, 2020
In Episode 41, Liz tells the truth about forced arbitration and answers questions:
1) How do I answer "How do we know you'll stay in the job?"
2) What's the best way to handle a "hot" candidate who seems perfect for the role?
3) What are good questions for a candidate to ask in a job interview?
4) What's your view of forced or stack ranking?
November 13, 2020
In Episode 40, Liz tells the truth about performance reviews and answers questions:
1) It's still legal in over half of US states to ask candidates for their salary history. How do I say "No, I don't want to share that?"
2) Are my job ads driving talented candidates away?